I’m sorry, but you threw off the Emperor’s groove.
Well, word count is up to 6060! The past few days have been a struggle. The prologue was a struggle to write because the antagonist has changed slightly. The first chapter was easier, but the second chapter — jeez, that was a pain in the butt! Again, it’s the antagonist’s fault — the change in temperament really threw off my groove. Well, that and the fact that I procrastinated for a lot of the afternoon. Man, shoujo manga is a huge distraction for me.
I think, so far, that I’m happy with how the story is going. It feels a lot more solid because I started with a bit of a base, even if I didn’t get as far in prepping as I originally wanted to. Knowing the races and genders and temperaments of the main cast before I start writing is — amazingly enough — useful. I was surprised though that an original-draft “throw away” character made it back into the story. I had been planning on excluding him but he’s a stubborn little twit and he clung to his chapter like there was no tomorrow.
I’m really looking forward to the rest of NaNo. I didn’t think I would.